coLearning Executive Director
The coLearning initiative believes in building small communities of learners around technology, design, and entrepreneurship through mentorship and programs. Our courses are taught by skilled practitioners in conjunction with area companies, creators, and community groups, and held at The Factory, a coworking space in downtown Grand Rapids.
We are looking for someone to lead and grow the coLearning experience. As the Executive Director, you will be responsible for setting and overseeing the vision, programs, and strategic plan of the organization and should have these general skills already in your tool belt:
- Strategic planning. You have experience planning and implementing strategies for community outreach, program development, sales, and marketing.
- Financial planning and management. You are skilled in annual and monthly forecasting, budget management, and reporting.
- Operational management. You’ve built a team and implemented day to day operations of an organization.
- Community relations. You know how to develop and maintain community relations and networks that align with the organization’s mission.
- Problem solving. You have a good process for approaching a problem and can solve problems quickly and effectively
- Sales and Marketing. You’re well-versed in sales and marketing techniques to increase brand awareness and growth.
- Fill coLearning courses at 20 students per class, graduating 300 students per year.
- Work with individuals and companies to identify hiring and talent needs; be able to explore and articulate ways coLearning may help.
- Establish and maintain coLearning’s image by being active and visible in the community.
- Develop partnerships with other organizations that serve coLearning, the partner, and coLearning students.
- Find instructors and guide them on coLearning’s education model.
- Lead and enhance open house, orientation, and graduation events.
- Build and maintain strong Creator, Teachers Lounge, and Alumni networks.
- Enhance course experience to focus on transformative education that is project-based.
- Manage financial reports including monthly and annual budgets and forecasting.
- Explore new models of increasing revenue including growth into new locations.
- Plan and implement all marketing and communications efforts promoting the philosophy and benefits of coLearning. (Print, mail, social media, speaking engagements, etc.)
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for coLearning to students, teachers, the community, media, press, etc.
- Grow and lead your coLearning team.
- 5+ years senior management experience
- Strong organizational abilities including visioning, strategic planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Knowledge of sales and marketing strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking ability
Our team of people are passionate, creative people. We are socially-networked, love technology and are passionate about our life outside of work. If this is the type of job that motivates you and you are ready to lead a small dynamic company, we want you to come work with us.
If you think you're a good fit, tell us why! You can send a resume, LinkedIn URL, and a one-page writing sample that showcases your own work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Staff is employed at Elevator Up (our parent company.)