Design is a leadership role here. The aspiration of an Elevator Up Designer is to help lead and manage all parts of the user-centered design process alongside the Elevator Up team. Although your biggest strength is making things look great aesthetically on the web, you also succeed in aligning business goals, branding, and user needs.
- Design - You’re very comfortable with applying graphic and digital design skills across social media campaigns, websites, web and mobile applications, and print materials.
- Concept Development - Your designs are well thought out and have purpose. You can clearly articulate the ideas behind your designs, how those designs will be presented, and the theme of your design elements toward a unified whole.
- Branding - You have helped form a brand by leading the development of a client’s or company’s story and image.
- Design Planning - You understand user research, user interviews and creating user stories.
- Workshop Facilitations - We are often leading workshops with our clients and stakeholders to collaboratively think through problems. You will help setup and run some of these workshops.
- Managing the Design Process - You’re all over new tools and trends in the design industry, and keep the team up-to-date with the latest happenings.
- 5+ years of design experience, working with clients or in a creative agency environment
- A strong portfolio of your work in graphic, web, mobile, and UX design and the ability to tell the story of each project
- Ability to clearly articulate the value of design to clients and team members
- Awareness of HTML/CSS basics
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working across teams - Leadership, Product/Project Management, Development, and Marketing
The most important thing we’re looking for is a portfolio of your work showing experience with user-centered design, prototyping, wireframing, and visual design. A link to your personal website, Dribbble, or BeHance account is usually best but links to the different products you’ve worked on are helpful too. You can send your portfolio, resume, cover letter, and any other links to email@example.com. We look forward to connecting with you