The mission of an Elevator Up front-end developer is to bridge the world of design with the world of programming. You will be responsible for building high quality digital products and making insightful, everyday decisions to ensure a great user experience. You are detail-oriented with a keen eye for design and work hard to build interfaces users want to interact with. You also love a team approach, collaborating with designers, product managers, and back end developers to get these things done well.
- Contribute to full-stack web development projects with an emphasis on front end features, browser manipulation, and cross-browser compatibility
- Work with Ruby Developers to write, modify and integrate responsive views for Ruby on Rails applications
- Administer device debugging & testing
- Give and receive code reviews
- Describe features that need to be built and give accurate estimates of the effort required to complete them
- Stay current on changing frontend tech & techniques, and champion best practices for the team
- Contribute 1 article per month to the Elevator Up blog
- You should be able to code fully responsive views, with or without CSS frameworks
- You have a thorough understanding of modern web standards (new projects typically concentrate on "modern" desktop browsers and IE back to v10)
- HTML templating: HAML, ERB, Handlebars, Liquid
- CSS frameworks: BootStrap, Bourbon, Foundation
- Static site generators: Middleman, Jekyll
- Build tools & package managers: Gulp, Grunt, npm, bower
- CMS installation/configuration experience
- You can use Git comfortably and competently
- A good understanding of testing and debugging
- Experience working with content management systems, e.g. ExpressionEngine, Craft, Wordpress, etc.
- You know enough to be dangerous in Photoshop and Sketch
- Strong written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills for working alongside a team
Perks of Working at Elevator Up
- EU covers 100% of your monthly health premium
- Contributions to your HSA
- 9 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 20 hours of PTO
- Work downtown in a beautiful space with large windows
- Membership to work out of Elevator Up’s coworking space, The Factory
- Debt free focus. We’re a debt free company and we help our team members get to that place too.
- Transportation Funds (parking, biking, new shoes, etc…)
- Mac laptop
- New parent leave
- Annual education bonus
If this is the type of job that motivates you and you are ready to play a vital role in shaping a small but dynamic company, we want you to come work with us.
If you think you're a good fit, tell us why. Send a resume and LinkedIn URL to email@example.com.