The mission of the Operations Manager at Elevator Up is to ensure that the day to day is running smoothly. There is a focus on streamlining the operations, finance, and human resources sides of the company to guide growth and profitability. This role is also responsible for ensuring the company has efficient business operations, setting strategic goals, and creating a positive, supportive culture.
- Manage administrative operations of the team including finance, office management, recruiting, and human resources
- Manage all financial responsibilities such as billing, invoicing, reconciling accounts receivables, cashflow, budgeting, expense forecasting, and financial reporting
- Foster positive relationships with business partners (bookkeeping, accounting, insurance, and benefits)
- Craft company policies and hold the team accountable to them; continually seek out best practices
- Develop goals and objectives that tend to growth and profitability
- Ensure the team has the resources to get work done such as people, material, equipment, office space, etc.
- Manage recruiting, hiring, interviewing, on boarding, and retention processes and practices
- Facilitate communication and positive relationships across the team
- Coach and support team members
- Conduct 1-1 meetings and performance reviews for all team members
- Provide support to CEO on special projects related to finance, operations, and HR
- Represent the company in events, conferences, and around the community
- Contribute one article per month to the Elevator Up blog
- Proven experience as an operations manager, business manager, HR manager, or other relevant role (ideally 4+ years)
- Strong experience in building successful teams
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and creating and analyzing financial reports
- Excellent communications skills—verbal, written, interpersonal, and listening
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in an agency setting preferred
If this is the type of job that motivates you and you are ready to play a vital role in shaping a small but dynamic company, we want you to come work with us.
If you think you're a good fit, tell us why. Send your resume and LinkedIn URL to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a portfolio that showcases some of your work, that is also great to see.