We're looking for experienced software developers who can make insightful, everyday decisions to ensure a great user experience. You'll be a part of our collaborative team that works cross-functionally over development, design, and product management.
Our preferred language is Ruby and our preferred framework is Rails, but we're not opposed to knowledge or expertise in other areas. We're looking for a software craftsman or craftswoman with the ability to draw on prior experience to learn quickly. You should be comfortable working in an agile development environment with Git-based version control. You're curious about the web and all its varied access points, and will easily wear different hats while mastering your main role.
- Build digital applications using a variety of programming languages
- Contribute to and motivate fellow team members to work in a positive, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Use automated testing practices (TDD, BDD, full-stack integration, and continuous integration)
- Work within an agile development environment alongside team members including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation, and continuous integration
- Iterate on and improve existing products and applications
- Provide technical feedback on early concepts
- Work in a variety of client-facing settings
- Help improve existing engineering and dev-ops processes
- Stay up-to-date on industry changes and trends
- Contribute one article per month to the Elevator Up blog
- 5+ years of experience in software development, preferably in a role leading other developers
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails development specifically, Ruby and its various frameworks
- Strong SQL background (data modeling and query), along with document-oriented databases and key-value stores.
- Strong written/spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable creating and testing Prototype solutions
- Bonus points for experience in other programming languages such as iOS, Elixr, and graph databases, and with tools such as Pivotal Tracker
If this is the type of job that motivates you and you are ready to play a vital role in shaping a small but dynamic company, we want you to come work with us.
If you think you're a good fit, tell us why. A link to your github account is usually best but links to the different products you've worked on will also work. Make sure to be clear what you did on them. You can send in your portfolio, resume, and LinkedIn URL to email@example.com.